One convention which I have decided to use in my magazine is the same typography throughout my media production. I decided to do this as I wanted to keep my magazine simple and neat so using the same font created this image. Most mastheads on the majority of magazines are either in the middle or far left, I decided to put my masthead on the right hand side, as well as the other text on my front cover. Doing this followed my idea of a neat magazine look and didn’t make it look like my text was all over the place. I followed the look of a simple contents page as I didn’t want to make it look too different so the point where people couldn’t make sense of it. I didn’t want to overcrowd my magazine with a lot of graphics so I only used 4 images, one consisting of a medium close up on the front cover.
As my magazine was produced for a private female school, the look I was going for was a simplistic, smart but unique which match’s the schools reputation. It represents an upper class readership, specifically for sixth formers ages 16-18. The reason I did a magazine for only sixth formers is because the majority of the content wouldn’t relate to the younger member’s of the school so they’re less likely to pick up a copy of the magazine anyway. The antique look I went for represents the typical old fashioned view on a private school and show’s the school in an old but modern fashion.
The institution my magazine would be distributed by would be the school and would be given away for free. It wouldn’t be distributed by another other institution such as WHSmith or something because it simply won’t sell as it wouldn’t appeal of the people who go in there. The audience of my magazine is female’s ages between 16 and 18. Seeing as it is a school magazine, it is created for students so things about school are included. If someone else who wasn’t a student read this magazine, it wouldn’t appeal to them.
The smart look about the magazine attracts the audience it is set out to attract. The font of the text is formal but not so formal that sixth formers wouldn’t look at it. Including pictures of people who are actually from the school will attract the students of the school as it will actually relate to them and lure them in to pick the magazine up. Including articles in the magazine which students would like to read about such as ‘events coming up’ which is relevant to their age will attract the audience as they would like to read about things they can do.
No comments:
Post a Comment